Tuesday, December 16, 2008

#37 done - visit from Santa


Last night we heard a loud commotion, the dog started barking (very unusual for her) then the sirens began to blare and bright lights came shining in the windows. Yep you guessed it... we had an early visit from Santa courtesy of the Cheswold Fire Department. All the neighbors came out of their homes to wave to the "jolly old elf"

37 down .... 107 to go

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynette,

i cam e across your site when I received a blog about melanoma updates. Not sure if you rememer me, but I am Anna Marie Farro, co-founder of Miles for Melanoma of De. Keep Fighting Mels A ---! Remember to staystrong! Interferon is the hardest thing i have ever had to do! Keep strong and Never, Never, Never Give Up!!!! I WILL see you at our next K Walk/run which is scheduled for Sept. 20th at the Riverfront due to the large turn out. We expect more this year!!!! Woud love to talk, chat, cry, whatever. Please email me at annamom1@aol.com. Remember, Never, Never, Never Give Up! THat is what Michelle taught me and I am going to pass it forward. Love you my Melanoma Sister! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Lynette,

My name is Mary Ohara and I'm another M4M of DE committee member and a Stage III melanoma survivor -including interferon treatment (8 years and counting). Hang in there - you CAN do this.

Also - I had Renal Cell Carcinoma at the same time and had to have a kidney removed. Why is this important? Because I did my surgeries at Johns Hopkins. My urologist was Li Min Su - I think he is the head of the Urological Laporascopic Surgery Dept there - and he is AMAZING! I also had my wide excision and nodal dissection at JHUH. They are truly wonderful there. They have a Melanoma Clinic. My Oncologist specializes in melanoma treatment -especially for late stage melanoma. Between the Melanoma Clinic and the Urology Dept., going to JHUH was the best decision I ever made.

Email is maryaohara@comcast.net.
Feel free to reach out if you want more information!!!