Saturday, December 13, 2008

#36 over 1/4 of the way done!


Today is a great cause for celebration. After my injection last night Mike pointed out I am one quarter of the way done with my injections! Woo Hoo!!!
I am going to think past the side effects today and savor the thought I am a good portion through my treatment!

I called the insurance company yesterday, they will cover a head wrap or a wig, with a perscription from my oncologist. I still have some hair, but it is going pretty fast. Everytime I think of a wig I laugh and say "no way!" I will probabally just stick with a scarf. I still think I should shave my head and draw 2 eyes on the back of my head, they won't know if I am coming or going. :-)
Have a good weekend!

36 done...... 108 to go

2 comments:

~C~ said...

My Aunt got a wig through her insurance but only wore it every once in a while, she said it was hot and itchy. For some it's a big deal, not having hair, but she said.."why should I hide that I'm bald because of chemo? It'll grow back, and bald is the new butt-length hair." She wore scarves to protect her head from the sun mostly. Congratulations on being 1/4 of the way through. I hope the side effects get easier as you progress. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Brandon Rothe said...

Congrats Lynette on doing so well with the Interferon. The end is in sight and will be here before you know it! Happy Holidays to you and your family.