Tuesday, September 29, 2009


It has been quite some time since I last posted. The surgery was much longer than expected, Mike tells me I was on the table for 9.5 hours. All I remember is looking at the clock before they put me out, it was 6:00 am and when I was able to focus on the clock again it was 6:30 pm. The only thing positive I can say about this last experience is , it's over. Wow, I knew it was bad but never expected this. I am so sore all over, even the roof of my mouth is bruised. But I am on the uphill swing, I can feel myself feeling stronger each day. I think the recuperation time would have been easier if I was not coming out of a year of cancer treatment, and my immune system is so hammered. We knew it would take longer than the typical case before I went into this.
I needed to postpone my PET/CT scan this week, so they rescheduled it for next week, I am positive it will come back clear. I will need to keep my life stress free in order to stay cancer free. I am so looking forward to getting some normalcy back into my life.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Here's wishing you a stressfree recovery!

Anonymous said...

There are brighter days ahead, everyday will be better :) Still praying for you. .

The other "ette"